View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danab72 View Post
I have a litter of 9 week old puppies, this is my first litter. I got my mommie and daddy when they were adults, and was told that they had been trying to breed them for two years and gave up on them. I decided I would let them try again before I had them fixed, and on their first try I had [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]puppies[/COLOR][/COLOR]! I am not an experienced breeder, and I would like any advice you can give me on before I sell them, especially on how to write up a contract. The parents are [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]AKC[/COLOR][/COLOR] registered and I have registered the litter, so they have papers. They are up to date on everything, shots, worming, and will see the vet in a couple weeks before they are sold. Both mom and dad were given a clean bill of health before they were breed.
You could go to breeder's websites and read their contracts (as they vary greatly), or Google contracts to get a general feel. Having worked in the law, most breeder's contracts I've read wouldn't hold up if push came to shove, but if you eliminated the ridiculous "restrictions" in some of them you might be able to put together one that's reasonable and legal. Keep it simple and reasonable and it'll be good. Just think through 'what would you sign' --- and you should be okay.
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!