View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
TresCutePiggies
Owned by Rory & Lane
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katienme2002 View Post
I know you guys are tired of me asking all these questions..lol..But do you guys use the clip bows (french style?) Or the rubber band bows? Which do you think are best, and feel free to share photos..lol....Thanks!
I have always liked the french clips because they are easier to put in for me, and they are especially good when my fiance helps me change out their bows (though he will probably never admit to this), but there is no way he could do the bands. They do slide around sometimes though, so it won't necessarily look centered on the topknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
My bow customers are pretty evenly split 50/50 with bands or barrettes.

Bows with bands have a prettier shape and really hug a topknot, plus they are lighter and more comfortable for the dog. They stay in better than barrettes, too.

Many of my customers find barrettes easier, though, especially on a wiggly puppy. Just be careful if you use barrettes to carefully supervise your puppy if she like to chew things up as barrettes are a choking hazard.
Rory and Lane are good about sitting still to have their topknots done, and I can't get the banded bows to look straight. I've looked at lots of tutorials, and I know to only use one of the bands. Some show just doing two turns of the band, but is that really enough? What am I doing wrong? Sometimes I end up with the ribbon caught in the band too! I keep saying I'm going to "graduate" to bands, especially since the the ones on clips tend to slide around more easily.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!