View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danab72 View Post
I have a litter of 9 week old puppies, this is my first litter. I got my mommie and daddy when they were adults, and was told that they had been trying to breed them for two years and gave up on them. I decided I would let them try again before I had them fixed, and on their first try I had puppies! I am not an experienced breeder, and I would like any advice you can give me on before I sell them, especially on how to write up a cWontract. The parents are AKC registered and I have registered the litter, so they have papers. They are up to date on everything, shots, worming, and will see the vet in a couple weeks before they are sold.
Welcome to YT. You might get more responses if you post in the breeders forum.

Some questions to think about; what health tests were done on breeding dam n sire before you bred them? Bile acid tests, hip/knee Xrays, heart, etc?
What tests are you prepared to do on the puppies?

What type of guarantee are you willing to offer the prospective purchases of these puppies? For example health guarantee for 5 or more years against genetic defects?
Are you willing to take back and support these puppies over their life?

Are you going to sell these pups on open registration? And if so, why so?

As a breeder you know that you are responsible for bringing these lives into the world. They are you loved ones, and of course, you although you didn't ask, must feel confident that you will be able to screen potential purchases, to insure your pup goes into the most loving home.

Any contract, is only as good as the two people signing it. Make sure you know of any Lemon Laws in your state, and what your responsibility is.

Regards
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!