View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
boopster
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Congratulations on your new puppy! Misty is absolutely right. I'm getting my Tallulah next week and had a visit with our vet yesterday in preparation. He says not to change the puppy's food right away, even if it's grocery store cruddy food. The puppy will have enough stress just changing homes and getting used to new people without changing what goes into its delicate tummy. He also said not to feed table scraps -- none whatsoever. We talked about all the problems a Yorkie can have, and he says the most common two he sees are pancreatitis because of the rich people food overindulgent owners give and knee and back injuries from allowing the dog to jump off chairs, beds, etc, owners tripping over the puppy, and dogs being dropped. In fact, he told me to put a cat collar with a bell on her as soon as I get her so I can hear where she is. We also need to learn to do the "Yorkie Shuffle" so as not to step on her, and always know where she is when getting out of bed, closing the reclining chair, shutting doors and drawers, etc. He also warned me about letting other people pick her up. Like they even have a chance of getting their hands on my baby!
boopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!