View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinebabco View Post
You didn't take the puppy to a vet when you got it to have it checked out? Why would you not do that? Usually that is the first place I go with a new puppy to be sure there are no problems? Most breeders tell you to take them to a vet within a couple of days for a health check?
Just wondering?
I strongly agree with this. Puppies should always be taken to a vet for a thorough exam as soon as possible.

And after thinking on it, I can better understand Petplan's position. Had you taken Harlie in right away as should have been done, any heart murmur or other potential issues would've/shouldn've been detected at that time. Meaning it would have been diagnosed within your two week waiting period (if not before), which would make it a pre-existing & deniable condition. Because Harlie didn't see a vet for an intitial exam, Petplan could not have any confidence that the murmur began after your coverage did.

Again, I'm sorry this happened.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by BonBon; 09-30-2010 at 07:53 AM.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!