View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:32 AM   #5
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
My 8 1/2 year old pom is getting worse with Cali. I have had Cali for 3 1/2 months and in the last few days Maya is growling and snapping at her. She has never bitten her but I am worried because she is getting worse instead of better. I am giving them both the same treats and trying to give the pom some more attention. Do you think she will ever get along with the puppy? I have never had more than 1 dog at a time so it's all new to me. Thanks
i don't know if they will ever get along!!!!!!!!! My mini-poo is 15 years old and my hubby brought a baby pug into our home about a year and a half ago. My poodle had been my baby all these years. She is old and grouchy and I don't blame her. I am old and grouchy, too!!!!!!!! The pug wants to play all the time and nips at her every time she is around. My poodle never gets a break. I try to intervene but it doesn't work most of the time. Just recently, I took my poodle to the vet and she only weighed 13 pounds. This is down from 23 pounds she weighed when we got the pug. For about a month now, when I hear all the growling and barking going on, I have noticed that the pug is trying to keep Sugar away from the food. I have to sit down in the middle of the floor betweeen them and feed Sugar to make sure she is getting proper nutrition. They sometimes take turns at the food dish tho. Sugar will get a bite and walk away then Lucy will get a bite and step back. Thank goodness my yorkie is gated off and has his own food. A few times I have let him in with "the girls" just to see what they do and it lasts about two minutes. The poodle runs from him and the pug tries to sniff his weee-wee and pushes him all over the floor. it is an everyday battle at this house and can you believe I am getting a female yorkie soon. my husband says I have turned my living room into a dog kennel and he is right!!!!!!!!!
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!