View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
dwells1959
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thumbs down I Fired Petplan!

I'm so pissed I can't see straight . When we first got Harlie, she was so tiny and fragile I knew that I had better get her insured just in case something happened. I did my research and decided on Petplan and purchased the best policy they offer...Gold. We were past the waiting period and the policy was active and in full force. When we took her in for the fire ant bites (we didn't know was ants at the time) she was given a steroid and an antihistamine. This is when the vet said she had the murmur.

I filed a claim for $92.00 for the visit and treatment. I also filed a prequalification claim form for the ultrasound that the vet suggested because it was about $600.00. After we found that the murmur didn't exist and we didn't need the ultrasound, I get a email that the prequal for the ultrasound was denied because they claimed it was a preexisting condition. It was not! There were no signs or symptoms it was discovered after the policy was in place. They advertise and boast of being one of the only companies that cover hereditary and congenital conditions...they lie because it's a "catch 22"

Fine, we didn't need the procedure at that point anyway because she was misdiagnosed. I then inquired about the claim for ant bite thing and they denied that claim also calling it a preexisting condition!!! How the hell can fire ants be a preexisting condition with a 15 week old puppy, I ask them! They said it's because there is no medical history for Harlie.

BS, this company, if it wasn't in the past, it is now a SCAM, RIP OFF, POS of a pet insurance company and I highly advise everyone to stay away from them. They have a 30 day satisfaction money back guarantee which I'm exercising at this time. Oh yeah, the guarantee is pro rated. I talked with HealthyPaws insurance and they couldn't believe it...I'm with them now.

Sorry about my language,

Don
dwells1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!