View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

The way I see it, it's just like with people... you have those who live off TV dinners and McDonald's, and you have those who shop all organic, and eat healthy every single day.

People who eat terribly, smoke heavily, etc. can live perfectly normal lives.

Just like the person who exercises, eats excellent and "does everything right" can drop dead at age 30 from a heart attack. Or a person who never smoked a day in their life can die from lung cancer. That's life.

Just because a dog does "well" on Eukanuba or Pedigree doesn't necessarily mean they're eating as good as they could.... but it also doesn't mean they're going to be unhealthy dogs and die young either necessarily. I personally would never feed it because I don't agree with the ingredients, and I don't like the amount of recalls it has, etc, but those are my personal feelings that I've researched heavily. I feed only Champion Pet Foods (Orijen/Acana) when it comes to kibble, but there's a few other brands I'd def. consider feeding and have in the past. That's not to say Jackson doesn't get to enjoy a little Cesar wet food every now and then, or a Milk Bone, I just do it in moderation... just like people.

You gotta do for your dogs what you personally decide is right... but in the end you can't place blame and say 'this dog didn't live as long as this one because it ate better food.' There's too many other factors out there. Do your research, and feed what you feel works best for your dog. Not what someone else says its best for your dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!