View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #15
Freddy_SW
Yorkie Yakker

Well...the first night we had Freddy he slept on the carpet in our bedroom. We didn't have a crate and put his bed on the floor next to our bed but he preferred to sleep on the carpet. He slept through the night without going anywhere on the carpet. I was really surprised because he was only 12 weeks old and i read that puppies can't hold it through the night. Well...we did put him in a crate at night after that just because we didn't trust him...until he had bad diarrhea and needed to go every two hours...i was sooo tired that night and decided to just let him sleep on the bed with me ( also my husband was not home that night ) Ever since that night he cries every time we put him in his crate..we let him sleep in our bed last weekend and he slept through the night without going. He likes the bed so much that he doesn't even want to get up when we get up in the morning...so my hubby and i are undecided on what to do...i would like to let him sleep in his bed in our bedroom but i am afraid that he will wake up at night and go somewhere on the carpet while we are sleeping. If he is in bed with us i feel him getting up and cry because he can't jump off the bed ( that was the case when he was sick)...so i could take him out. But my husband doesn't want Freddy to think that our bed is also his bed!

wow what a long reply...
Freddy_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!