View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #43
Mom2TwoYorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Both of mine dislike my godson. . .I can only give that example because that is the only young child they know. . . .the kid is a terror because my niece and her husband don't parent at all . . .the kid has been running amok since birth . . .they've taught him that crying and pouting and demanding brings rewards . . .I dread Christmas Eve since he's been toddling around . . .last year was the worst . . they come over EARLIER than everyone else (don't know why) and bring nothing for him to do so he's touching this and touching that and I'm constantly right behind him saying, no hon, that's breakable . . .be careful . .don't touch . . .watch your fingers . . .Ok, so last year he decides he's going to start teasing the dogs by walking by them very slowly and then screaming and running from them . . .now upon him doing that, the dogs chase after him trying to bite him . . .So I say, Nathan, you need to go and sit nicely and let them come to you so they can smell you and get to know you . . .he completely ignores me and does it again . . .I look at my niece and I say you really need to stop him from doing that because he's making them want to bite him . . then my niece's husband responds "let him get bit it's the only way he'll learn" I was extremely aggravated . . .they really needed to get off their butts and give the kid a talking to . . .But it only took 1 time from my daughter screaming NOOOOOO that he finally went into another room and sat and pouted . . .come to find out when Brody was trying to go into the room he was in, my lovely godson tried to kick him . . . He's 4 this year, but is still uncontrollable and I'm already thinking about how awful it's going to be when he's here.

Don't know what I'm going to do this year, I'd love to call my niece and tell them not to come, but that would bring bad feelings to my brother (it's his daughter) I might not have any choice but to put up the baby gate and keep my babies in my room for the night . . .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!