View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Congrats on your new baby. I would make sure she is full grown before you purchase all those clothes though. Ally, who is just over 3 lbs/almost 2 years, was supposed to be bigger. Her parents were bigger than she is, but she did follow the size chart. Tia, who is just over 4 lbs/8 months, did not follow the chart. I wanted a baby that would be Ally's size so she would have a playmate and wouldn't get hurt. If I went by the chart (and all yorkies are different..I know), Tia wouldn't even get to 2 lbs. They do play well together, but yes...Ally is at a disadvantage and occassionally gets hurt. I don't think Tia is being mean; Ally is just so little. Ally also grew up with my neighbor's yorkie (16 months and 8 lbs). I am her baby/puppy sitter and watched her constantly when she went in for cancer treatments and hospitalized. Ally can no longer play with her because she hurts her all the time. I do love the stories of the big dogs playing with the small yorkies on here though. I love Murphy and Stormy! It can happen. Don't forget to post pics. Can't wait to see.
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!