View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I'm just going to throw out ideas and thoughts because I know how incredible frustrating GI problems are.

I am not convinced that it is stress. Stool issues with "both" dogs on and off for a "month" makes me think it is something else.

Something like giardia is both hard to detect and hard to get rid of. A clean fecal and a week or two on Metro doesn't rule it out.

Other parasites are possible, but really doubtful.

They could keep getting reinfected with whatever it is if they are getting in the yard or whatever. IMO, if it doesn't clear up soon, a fecal profile is not a bad idea.

Just because it comes and goes at different times for both, maybe they are just both very food sensitive. If one does ok on one and the other does better on something else, could you feed two different things? It may just be a matter of trial and error to figure out what works best for them as individuals. If they have both done really well on chicken and rice in the past, that's what I'd do for a couple weeks to see how they do.

ETA: Because raw is involved, there is way more to consider than salmonella, esp. if they have gotten something besides premade (tested for pathogens) lately.

Last edited by Ellie May; 09-28-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Ellie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!