View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Default Up every hour last night...

We have still been fighting diarrhea. This makes almost a full month of off and on battles with this. We decided that it might be the orijen dog food 6 fish formula and that we're either overfeeding or it's just too rich in fish oils or protiens for their tummies. Sadie was doing fine but Bentley wasn't. So we switched them back to pheasant raw primal. Bentley's stools are normal and no Sadie has watery diarrhea. I'm getting her some more propectalin today and i'm not going to do any food changin at all for at least a week and see if this resolves itself or not. If nothing changes i'll go to a bland chicken and rice diet until we get this resolved and then slowly change to a new kibble formula. I think all the changes in our lives and with my new job coming up and Mike working overnights last week that the whole family is just nervous, stressed and chaotic. we're all sick to our tummies and i have a cold now. i'm so sleepy and stressed and the more stressed i am, the more sick they get, the more money it costs, and the more financial stress i feel again...endless cycle of depression this month. but next week is my new job start and more money will come rolling in hopefully fast. and hopefully new routines can get established and everyone can get well fast! i can't take these up all nighters anymore and i really want my babies to feel better. they act fine, but their poops are anything but fine. at least Sadie is trained and always lets us know that she needs outside or makes it to the tile in front of the door if she's not out fast enough. poor things.

more prayers, doesn't seem to be anything from the daycare Bentley was Giardia and coccidia negative. Sadie didn't have anything until yesterday.

am i crazy here? do you guys think it's the stress, changes and the food? or what? vet doesn't have any new suggestions other than try them on hill's d/d canned which i can't bear to do. she said we could do a fecal pathogen's profile just to rule out salmonella but it's $135 for employees and until our routines and our feeding are normal i don't know if that's worth the expense. i guess i'd like to rule out the food and the stress first and then see when things slow down and get back to normal whether they are fine or not. they act fine, no lethargy or anything, just the runs. they are eating and drinking fine.

thanks
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!