View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
KristiC
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Very Sad Story!!

A good friend of mine lost her Yorkie yesterday she has been breeding Yorkies for 6 years and has been very good to me on teaching me the things I need to know. So here is the story Babe was Due on Dec.7 and she passed 3 puppies great on her own and then 45 mins later all went down hill she rushed her to the Vet that morning and they had to do a c section the last pup got turned around and got stuck in the birth canal this so called Vet never did call, Deb called 1 hour later to see how she was doing they said fine to come and pick her up around 5:30 well when she did to find out they never gave Babe any food and never checked her blood sugar so after Deb picked her up took her home Babe started to have seizures,vomiting and diaraha could not keep anything down Deb tried to give her food and water but she would not take it so back off to the ER Vet where they put her on IV and tried thier best they told Deb to got back home and take care of the puppies 3 made it the one stuck died so Deb went back home and I soon as she got home the Vet called her and said Babe passed away as soon as she left. So now Deb is getting out of the Breeding Business she has lost 2 Yorkies in this past year and I am really thinking about it myself there are so many chances that a breeder has to make and with all the emotions I just dont think I wil be able to do it, Lilli is due in 2 weeks and I am a nervous reck! Babe was only 2 years old and lost her life due to a bad Vet that didnt even bother to give her Antibotics when she left oh they said they forgot to give her the meds when they left.I just cant believe this I have been going to this Vet for 4 years and I am just in total shock, some of advice to people that maybe want to start breeding, think of you Yorkie first and make sure that you understand the BAD things that can happen, Sorry so long, please pray for Deb to get through this hard time, Kristi
KristiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!