View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Thumbs down Pet Pantry, Orange, CA

Well this is a pet shop. a place that sells pets! Pet Pantry the - Orange, CA i yelped them a few months ago. I rated one star. This is what I said:

"Ghetto!!! First of all, no one should be buying a dog from a store anyway, you are supporting puppymills. Second, all dogs here are either mutts or mixes, and apri, or aca "registered", not a single dog was akc. I feel sorry for the dogs there, and even more sorry for people who buy their dogs from there. Why would you buy a mixed breed dog from a shop? Esp at their extremely high prices? Go to the shelters! I would never buy anything to support a store that sells dogs."

Today I get a message from the shop owner.
"I am new to http://Yelp.com but saw your review of my store . We do get AKC puppies and most customers say our prices are very fair. We have been here over 30 years and do work real hard here. Please give us another visit. The Pet Pantry"
I replied with:

"I don't think so. Any breeder that would sell their puppies to a pet store or broker does not care about their dogs! how would they know they are going into the right family? Even if they are akc, it just means the breeder has decent book keeping skills. Just bc a dog is akc does not mean it should be bred.

I work closely with yorkie rescues as a foster mom, and I can tell you first hand that many of the dogs we take in are from people who bought them at pet stores! They didn't know the dog was going to get so big, or doesn't look like it's supposed to, or are totally sick and they can't afford medical care.

I think people who make money off the backs of their dogs are dispicable. They will always think what they are doing is ok, so i am wasting my time and breath on you anyway."

Then I blocked her. If she didn't go out of her way to try to convince me otherwise, my one and only review of her shop would have been it. But since she thinks her shop is so great, i am going out of my way again to post this on the internet and hope people will google her shop and see what myself and others think.

Thirty years in business and you have 4 reviews on yelp with a 2 1/2 average? Sounds great. Thirty years of being in the business of exploiting innocent animals? Good for you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!