View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #13
Akitakt
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyDivaGirls
Daphne my pom has always been on Eukenuba.. from the start! She's very happy, healthy and loves her food. Taylah was on Chicken soup, but I switched her to Eukenuba after bringing her home, then learned all the things about Iams/Eukenuba.. but after much thougth and consideration and the results *I* have had with Daphne being on it and now Tay... I have decided to keep them both on it. Yes, I feel SO bad for the poor animals and what they do, but like others have told me, *lots* of companies do the testing as well and honestly we may not know who does it and does what... My girls love the stuff, and are 100% healthy and have had NO problems so far, so sicne they are happy and healthy, that makes me happy and I decided to keep them wtih it.

yeah, I feel super bad for buying it knowng that Im *supporting* what they are doing.. but I have to kinda try to look past that and think of MY girls and how happy and healthy they are on this..

Hope I don't get bashed, as that's not what I wanted to start--but wanted to put my input, as my girls are both on it.
That is your decision. I will not bash you for it. I suspect someday you will change your mind. Maybe when you find other brands that you like better.

I have to comment on one thing you said, however - "honestly we may not know who does it and does what"

We actually do know that there are companies who do not do what Iams does. There are companies whose food is tasted by volunteers, kennels and shelters. They do not have special labs where dogs live 24/7 and are experimented on like Iams does.

Here is a link with the companies that do not experiment, fund experimentation or hold dogs in labs to taste their food:

http://www.caringconsumer.com/page/petfoodpocket.pdf
or here if you don't like PDFs:
http://www.iamscruelty.com/notTested.asp

My local feedstore carries Newman's Own, Wysong, Solid Gold and (I think) Natural Balance. You can also buy these foods online or through catalogs. I suspect down the road more companies will take the humane route and stop their unnecesary animal labs. I hope anyway.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!