View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
fifilame
Yorkie Yakker

Default Lethargic yorkie - need suggestions please!

Hi. My year old yorkie is my total baby. Everything was fine until about a month and a half ago she went into her first heat. I am/was planning on getting her spayed after that first heat but am waiting for her "boobies" to go back down. During all this time, she has been extremely lethargic. She walks like an old, old dog, tail down, sits kind of funny sometimes and goes into her crate (the door is always kept open) to sleep most the day and all night when she always used to be by my side constantly, next to or on top of me, hop in the carrier when I went somewhere, etc. I took her to the vet 2 weeks ago. CBC and temp. were all good. He put her on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory for 10 days for the "boobies" saying they were hard, and that maybe she was having a false pregnancy. (She is a virgin - NO chance of being pregnant). She then developed an eye infection. Couldn't get in her regular vet, wanted it taken care of so took her to a vet the lady I got her from used. He said she may be having a false pregnancy also and said she had conjunctivitis so I have a cortisone cream for that. My dog is NOT doing well, sleeps all day and it is so obvious to me and I know in my heart something more is going on. I am very upset. Does anyone know - can a false pregnancy make a dog like this or any clue what it sounds like? No diarreah or throwing up - no other symptoms other than the above and she doesn't want to eat much. Any suggestions??? Sorry so long - I am just so upset!!!
fifilame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!