View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
Mr Radziwill
Yorkie Talker

Default Solomon is finally potty trained?/was my method mean?

Solomon has not had one accident in the house in 2 months. Solomon was born in Aug/09 I received Solomon from the breeder 26 Nov/09. The first 6months as I expected were trail and error. The next 6 months were hell, even with taking Solomon out 3 to 4 times a day plus every time I returned from an errand that never took over an hour or two he would still have random accidents (he didnt even try to hide, he would just poop/pee right in front of me). It had escalated to the point of me thinking about returning him to the breeder. So I decided that I wasnt being stern enough when he would have an accident, so I changed my strategy. After Solomon would have an accident I would scream in a VERY LOUD voice BAD DOG and swat him lightly on his behind and place him in his crate for an hour or longer, depending on how pissed I was) No toys/food/water/blanket. He would jus sit there and pout,sometimes he would pout for the entire hour but not once did I give in and let him out. Now my friends especially my female friends stated I was being mean, but I treat Solomon better than some people treat their two legged kids. He eats Premium dog food has a place to play and millions of toys and even goes to a friggin Dog Spa once a months that a female friend of mind suggested (that he actually loves). I have actually bonded with Solomon more in the last two months since the tension is no longer present. Again was my method mean or cruel?...oh Im David by the way.
Mr Radziwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!