View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 AM   #10
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franny View Post
Thanks so much. Your post is very interesting. You know your 'stuff' about your pet, makes me feel a bit innept. But I am learning here. Today he is wondering why I am not giving in. I notice he goes back and picks on his kibble ( I have Royal Canine now) and he gets a little bit and then goes away. So I figure he eats when hungry. So I leave it out for him to eat when he wants it. He is healthy otherwise. His weight is about 5lbs. The vet said to add a little bit of broth to it too, but we will see. He totally controls the house. We are going to take control back. He is so loved it is hard to not give in, isn't it?
Thanks again, really.
You're welcome! It's perfectly natural to feel inept....trust me, I do all the time! I think it's all about trial and error, etc... You don't know until you know....and you don't even KNOW you don't know until it's happened to you!

Bravo for sticking to your guns and not giving in today!! Yes, if he is going back and picking, then he's eating when he's hungry. I totally understand about worrying if they're eating enough...until recently, I was ALWAYS worried that Bella wasn't. And yes, it is super hard not to give in for me too! When I finally tried giving her the tsp or 2 of canned (which incidentally is what I mix her fish oil and vitamin E in daily) next to her kibble, I finally found a happy medium for me and her....I knew she was eating something, which made me feel better, and she really likes her "treat" every morning.

Adding the broth could be a good idea, however if you're like me you want mealtimes to be as uncomplicated as possible and broth might start complicating it! Also, if you ever do try broth, you probably shouldn't use store bought. They are LOADED with salt, which is not good!! They do make a low sodium variety that I've seen, but I don't know if it's low ENOUGH sodium to be ok?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!