View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #13
Midge5353
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby's Human
As for as I am concerned, If people don't believe in Jesus, then they shouldn't celebrate the holiday of Christmas since Christmas was originally about Christ. Christmas is a pagan holiday in some sorts, (Santa and the elves) but to Christians it is a day not only to look at a pretty tree, and receive and give gifts. It is also a day that we can be thankful for what God has done for us in this year, and for the people we have in our lives, a day that we can celebrate the birth of Christ. Noone should ruin that in my opinion, just because they don't believe in it. There are plenty of people that do believe in it, and are shocked to see what is happening to this holiday. There are also alot of things that I don't neccessarily agree with that goes on around every neighborhood, town, and county, but they are allowed to keep going on as they are.
I am sorry if I am getting a bit politcal, but I have to stand up for what I believe in.
I COMPLETELY agree with you! If you aren't Christian and you don't want to call it CHRISTMAS (it's CORRECT name) then DON'T CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAY! Christmas isn't a real holiday unless you realize that it is all about Christ! If it wasn't for Christ, there would be NO CHRISTMAS! I'm not trying to push my beliefs on anyone or offend them, but if someone feels that they shoud take the CHRIST out of CHRISTmas, then they shouldn't celebrate the holiday at all because Christ is was CHRISTmas is allllll about! JMHO
Midge5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!