Thread: Eating poo....
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Hey Poop Guru - I don't think it is fair to single out some dogs on here who suffer from poop eating. Teddy is become quite skilled in scent training class -- he is a natural -- and I suspect that this is the problem...he is able to smell even a microscopic droplet of undigested food in poop (namely fresh baked sweet potato poop cooked up by his older and sickly sister Daisy). Why on earth Teddy would want to eat Daisy's crap over Barney's or his own I'll never know.... Daisy has IBD and a whole variety of issues and her poop is totally disgusting. Just cleaning it up makes me gag - I should really be putting on a respirator and heavy work gloves and handling it like a haz mat team would.

In any event, it is true that Teddy will not eat poop of his or Barney's and they are on brown rice and chicken diets. There is untouched poop left for me on pads daily of this variety. Yet, I must keep Daisy on a schedule, let her poop in private and promptly clean up otherwise we have unauthorized snacking. It is enough to make me gag and what makes me even more mad is when he refuses to brush his teeth after.
Oops~you were not suppose to see this You know I love Teddy~he's Yorkie Royalty!

I've been thinking about the Daisy and her IBD..........I wonder if the food moves so quickly through her intestines that its just not digested properly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!