View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
chachi
I Love My Yorkies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
All went well at the vet visit. I did take a stool sample in to rule out any cases with parasites and my vet will be calling me tomarrow with the results.

She said she wasn't worried to much she thought it was probably from the change in food but she said will check the stool sample to make sure nothing else could be the cause as well.

She did prescribe some Metronidazole to help the diaherra and I have already given the first dose. She also said she does look well her gut didnt seem inflammed and her stomach seemed normal. She did say her gums were slightly tacky but not overly and she said at this point she dosen't seem to be dehydrated. She did advise to feed a bland diet for the next few days to rest her tummy then slowly incorporate her BB back in her diet.

I am just glad we went in for piece of mind. It could have been much worse and I would rather be safe then sorry.

The only thing that bothered me was how she told me that Blue Buffalo was really pushed as a "healthy" food when she worked in Alabama and she said just don't believe everything you hear.. She said Purina, Royal Canine, and Science Diet have had the most studies done and she believed and backed them more then Blue Buffalo because she said it doesn't have all the studies those other foods have.

I was neutral about the her belief and I know she did take Taycie's care in her best intrest I just had a really hard time believing that something like Science Diet is better the Holistic feeding? I just know I would rather feed fresh ingredients instead of by products corn, wheat, and chemical preservitatives... I just felt like something wrong was with this picture...
Vets arent taught alot about nutrition when they were in school. You really have to do the research and find the right brand
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!