View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bealc79 View Post
She only had 1 round of vaccines when she was with us at 3 months old,breeder did give her vaccinations prior and I noticed now it was dhpp (no L!) when I brought her home from when we took her to the vet(they gave her a (7way dhlppv) she fell to the floor, heart pounding, hardly responsive (took us 5 hrs to snap her out of it!) I was scared and never took her back for her boosters. I was so worried if I took her back she would die. Took her to another vet and all he wanted to tell me was that Science says this, Science says that, I got so angry and said I am not dealing with science I am dealing with a LIVE being!!! Still am pretty scared to get her vaccines. The more articles I read the worse my nerves get! I just want the best for my little girl. I have 2 labs and never had issues like this before...
Do you know how many rounds the breeder gave her & at what age(s)? She may have already had what she needs (except the booster - which typically is going to be a year after puppy shots are completed) with what the breeder gave her. Many vets will not accept breeder-given shots as counting toward what they need simply because 1. they want the control, 2. they want the $. Please don't fall prey to this and only give what is necessary.

There are many good vets out there who understand that toy breeds require very different care than other dogs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!