Thread: liver disease
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
khloe0926
Yorkie Talker

My general vet did refer us to MedVet which is where I took her for the ultrasound, which they ended up doing twice. They were unable to see a shunt either time. Its funny because they said ultrasounds catch shunts most of the time but my research and what you told me show that's not true. That makes me wonder if they are just taking me for my money. They also did a splenoportogram (not sure the spelling) which was basically injecting dye into her spleen to see if there was a shunt that way and that turned out negative. It was then that they did a biopsy in order to look for other liver diseases. The biopsy was just a needle biopsy and they said depending on the results they may have to actually go in to get a bigger portion for a biopsy. I thought about going to OSU but since I'm already taking her to MedVet I didnt want to have to repeat things and spend more money. The biopsy results come back in 3-5 days and then we will see from there. Right now they have her on Lactulose and Neomyicin 3 times a day. I just feel like after all the tests that we have done, there should be some answers and I would hate to do exploratory surgery for no reason. Khloe seems better but has bad diarrhea from the lactulose, but the doctor said we have to keep her on it until we know whats going on. I am very frustrated and want to make this as easy on my baby as possible. She has been through a lot the past couple weeks and it breaks my heart. Thank you for responding so quickly. I don't know where else to turn. And thank you Cally930 for your support. It is greatly appreciated! I will keep you updated.
khloe0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!