Thread: liver disease
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
khloe0926
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy liver disease

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but I am in need of some information and support. I have an 11 month old yorkie, khloe. She is the love of my life. Recently, she became ill. She wouldn't eat or drink and was very lethargic, which is not like her, she is very active. I have taken her to the vet and the emergency vet and she has had extensive tests done. Her bile acids were elevated and they suspected a shunt, but after the test yesterday they found out that isn't the case. Now they have done a liver biopsy to see if it is microvascular dysplasia. I am really frustrated because I feel like we are on a wild goose chase. She is eating now and acting more like herself, but they are concerned that it is some sort of liver disease because of her bile levels. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I want to do everything I can to help my baby. I have spent a lot of money so far and want to make sure I am doing all I can and make sure they are the right things. They said if the biopsy doesn't show anything then exploratory surgery would be next. Could it be possible that nothing is wrong? Could something else be causing her bile levels to be elevated? I just feel that she is so young and don't want to lose her to something like liver failure. Please help! Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Jill
khloe0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!