View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #14
poosdarling
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
My question to the breeder from Germany is this:
If you sent a pup or he did with only one testicle down did you not offer to pay to ship him back and refund all of his cost? That would be the proper thing to do.
After sending a dog with one testicle down you turn and send a dog with a bad bite, why? Would you not make certain that this dog had NO health issues?

These issues are things on a breeding dog that should NEVER be sold as a breeder. These dogs should have gone to loving pet homes and as a breeder who is selling dogs as show quality/breed quality they should be as close to standard as is possible. Any questionable hereditary issues should never be sold that way and should be petted out. PERIOD.

People need to understand that no these dogs are not a business, however if you purchase a pet and it has a liver shunt, leggs perthes, etc. from a breeder you want answers and retribution do you not? Of course you do. A reputable breeder stands behind EACH AND EVERY pup. Not just the show/breed pups but the pets too. If you buy a pet with one testicle down the breeder has the ethical obligation to disclose that to you because even the neuter will cost more etc. So it is 2 fold when a breeder sells a show/breed dog and it has a hereditary problem. As a breeder I for sure would want someone to stand behind their dogs. I think the OP is entitled to either replacement from different parents (because these issues are obviously in the lines) or all her money back and return shipping free.

I am glad the OP is choosing not to breed a dog with a poor bite or one testicle not down. This removes them from the breeding population. Some people are not as ethical, and they would have used them for breeding and the process would continue.
Thank you. He'll be neutered when he is of age and placed in the near future. I will be posting an ad for him shortly.

Join today and remove this ad!