View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #161
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
I use cream cheese. It hides any bitter taste and it coats the pill really well. Then when they start to eat it the thickness of the cream cheese sticks to the pills and hides any nasty pill taste. When I need to give a pill they would all line up like it was a treat so everyone would get a little. Mine always would eat the cheese and spit out the pill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I use Hostess Streusel cakes. Just a tiny bit around the pill...works like a charm. I have a couple of pups who get sick with cheese and I don't trust the Greenies company .. they bought out Pill Pockets and that was when I stopped buying them.
I said 'bit of cheese' earlier, but actually it's a bit of Cheez Whiz. Alex loves it and I think it works a lot like the cream cheese - it sticks to the pills and also makes it harder for him to spit out. I've used this method for years, starting when Becca was first put on thyroid meds, and I've still been using it to give glucosamine to Alex every day. It always works for Alex and it's so easy to control the amount I give him. I just thought maybe since the Rimadyl was chewable and liver flavored he'd like to have it as a separate little treat, but he didn't go for that.

I'm gonna stick with the Cheez Whiz for his pills. He's used to it, I'm used to it and it works for us. Besides, he still has to take the Anipryl and glucosamine daily and it's so easy to just mush them all into a little mound of the cheese stuff.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by BonBon; 09-21-2010 at 06:10 AM.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!