View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #156
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom08 View Post
Oh, what a cutie he is!!
I'm so glad to hear that your little guy is doing better.
I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Oh my! He's absolutely beautiful! What a sweetheart! So glad the news is good! Made my heart smile to hear of him running around and being playful once again.... So happy for him and you!
Awwww, thank you both!! I may be just a bit biased, but I think he's pretty handsome, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
You're too sweet! I think alot of what we Yorkie owners do for our little ones goes a bit 'outside the box' if you will... but only we, as owners, know what we have gotten in return! I also plan to steal some of your ideas for when I am nursing my oldster... so I can add to my list of things I never mention to the General Public! (Ha, I know... it's there now!)

And you know... what one does for their pets is such a personal thing, and the fact that you constantly questioned yourselves shows that you were more in tune to Ashley's needs... but it is a very fine balance, and until one receives a sign of sorts, one cannot know for sure if that time has come. Especially with old dogs, who knows them better than their owners?

Another horrible thing happened to me tonight... While walking Peek A Boo for his nightly wee, he started being freaky about the road. So I'm watching him and he's walking all off to one side then the other and really being weird. So not to prolong the drama... I realized he just figured out the road was different.... it had been repaved a year ago, so it's still all nice and new. Normally he walks with 1-3 of his friends, who must distract him enough to where he never noticed the road was repaved.... when we returned to the yard his confidence returned and he seems fine...
Or early onset of CCD?
You make so many great points here. Thank you for expressing my own feelings so well.

I'm not sure what to say about Peek A Boo. Since he normally walks with friends, maybe he just had more time to do a little exploring? Or maybe like you said, he didn't have the distraction and got a little bored? From what I've seen with Alexander, the OCD made him less interested in things. He quit sniffing, exploring and venturing into new territory. I know that each pup is different, but Peek A Boo's doesn't sound like OCD behavior to me. I'm sending prayers and gentle huggins for him.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!