Thread: Biewer question
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
Tnyorkiemom
Smokey's Mommy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodBiewer View Post
Well, I can't help you on the one white tonail , sorry, although I have "Carriers" which are traditionally colored yorkies but they carry the "white spotting gene" and none of their toenails are white.. they look just like the traditionally colored yorkie and you would not know the difference..

One thing I CAN help you with however is that two AKC yorkies will NOT produce a Biewer.. they could produce a Parti Yorkie if they BOTH "carry" for it.. however, the name BIEWER is a specific line of tri colored yorkies from Germany.. their pedigrees need to go back to specific dogs and the Biewers are not registered with AKC.. if your Yorkies are registered with AKC, they would not trace back to the Biewer lines.

One other thing, BOTH parents would have to carry the white spotting gene before you would get a Parti (or a Biewer) puppy.. unless you were fortunate (or unfortunate depending on what your looking for) enough to have two dogs with this recessive gene, the best you would get would be carriers. Hope that helps you.

-Diana
very well said..........i think you explained that perfectly Diana
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!