Thread: Biewer question
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Default Biewer question

This has probably been asked and answered, if so, ignore...but after reading some of the posts on biewers I still don't understand it all. If one has a AKC reg. Yorkie and breeds it with another AKC Yorkie and both have the recessive gene and thus produce biewer pups wouldn't those pups still be registerable with the AKC? And short of that happening how would one know they have a Yorkie with that gene? Are there signs?...such as one of my Yorkies has one back toenail that has remained white, other than that she looks like every other Yorkie (other than she's a cotton coat I believe). I would never breed her as she isn't "to standard" in my opinion and despite being 5 pounds she's very "tiny" in her stature, etc (in fact we're planning on having her spayed next month), but anyway, the point to bring her up is that she has that one toenail and I was wondering what's up with that. I have heard they can have those as puppies but she's now 14 months old and just got over her first heat (the vet wanted to wait to spay until she had her first heat, and finally it came) Maybe with such a late first heat she's immature and the nail will darken with time or does she have that recessive gene??
Sorry to ramble, but I find this all interesting and would like to know more about this and haven't read anywhere on YT about people who have had biewers pop up and now realize their standard Yorkie had visible "signs".
Kendra
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!