View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
proudmama
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Potty training 2 yr old male and 12 wk old female

Hi there,

My name is Amber and my boyfriend and I are proud owners of Mooshi and Fancy. They are beautiful, obedient and healthy creatures however I am finding it difficult to combine and alter their routines as we have the new little one in the house as of recently.

Mooshi the oldest is trained to go outside, however he is marking around the house as he is not fixed. I purchased a male wrap to try to help the situation and phased it out eventually. Also have stopped punishing him for going inside as he will just do it behind my back.
He has stopped about 90%..... suggestions?

Fancy is pee pad trained and we recently tried litter training her with wheat but to no avail.
Her cloth pee pad is what works best but for some reason she poops on the hardwood floor... not sure why. How do I show her she has to poop where she pees?

Today I've bathed them both, cleaned the floors, crates, beds, blankets...and then some... I'm trying to start fresh for the week and hopefully have 50% better by next Friday.

Any suggestions on how to ensure they potty where they should most of the time.

Other things you may need to know: I free feed Mooshi, and Fancy up until recently. I am trying to have a schedule for the baby and also for Mooshi as this might help control accidents - any ideas for workable schedules? I work 9-5 and my bf works either 11pm-7am, 3pm-11pm, or 7am-3pm. Pretty good schedules to give the puppies enough time with us - and they are with us all the time on the weekends and weeknights. (I take them everywhere with me, unless in small amounts of time. If I go somewhere I have babysitters..)

I am open to litter training them if anyone reccommends this.

Please ask if you need to know anything else. Thanks everyone!!!

proudmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!