View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

As a former mental health counselor I would encourage you to get involved in anger management classes and find other ways to release your frustrations before someone gets hurt...not deliberately, but throwing things can result in a shard of broken glass ending up in someone's eye (possibly your own). What would you do if you had to live with blinding someone? We all get angry...how we react to that anger is where many of the differences lie. Try leaving the immediate situation and going in and writing down what exactly it is you're angry about...such as, did someone really do something to offend and thus anger you or did they say something that stirred up negative reactions from the past. Also, write down what you'd like to say to that person...put it away, for an hour, a day...then approach that person with your written response and read it to them...there's no rule in postponing a response to an offense. Always dismiss yourself from the situation as soon as you feel your anger coming up...before you get to the point of no return, let the person know you will respond to them after you've had time to formulate a good response. It's okay to say, that angers me and I need a bit of time to think before I respond. Remember, if you're independent, you don't want to be owned by your emotions...or the person who "angered" you...as once you get out of control...you're no different from the other person/situation that angered you that much in the first place.
Just an idea. Kendra
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!