View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Sorry to hear about little Toby. My Pixie had Grade 3 in left and Grade 2 in right. I didn't even know she had it. One day this summer, Nikki scared her and she fell/walked off the bed. A day later she couldn't stand up and it looked like her leg was just hanging there. I ran her to the er vet and they said LP. I wasn't convinced since no mention had ever been made about it and my vets check all of mine for it. He said she needed surgery, I went back later that night to get an Xray and a second er vet looked at her and did the xray and said surgery. So I took her to my vet and she said it looked ot her like surgery was needed but referred me to an orthopedist. She agreed so we did surgery that day. Recovery was not to bad. Now my 5 year old Cali has grade 4 in both knees and they are permanently out of the groove. Due to some other conditions the vet and I decided to wait and see on her. She gets around fine and does not appear to be in any pain. Pixie was never crate trained but did pretty well with confinement. I mixed it up so she had several different areas to be in confinement and kept her with me where ever I was in the house. I hope Toby heals and can avoid surgery. Pixie's surgery was 2600.00 plus the 2 er visits.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!