View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linanator View Post
As a breeder, I totally understand the breeder's attitude. But you sound like you are willing to do what is necessary.
I have my own question. New one on me: Litter born Mon. 9/13/10. The first pup born was a tiny boy. When I tore him out of the sack as he came out completely inside the sack, it took a lot of rubbing and "slinging" to get him to start breathing and it was more of a gasp. He weighed 4.5 oz. I thought he was nursing, but I didn't reweigh them until the next night (I came down w/walking pneumonia and have been really sick). He's lost a whole oz. and I rushed to the ER vet's at almost midnight (sick as a dog myself.lol) to get Esbilac and a bottle. Didn't have it already cuz I've never ever had a problem birth (no excuse!). Anyway, he wouldn't stay on the bottle. Next AM I took him to my vet and he showed me how to tube feed (never had to do that, either, remarkably). He's only up to 3.6 and it's Fri. 9/17. I've noticed it looks like he can't breath through his nose; opening his mouth to breath and that's probably why he won't stay latched on to the mother's teat or the bottle nipple.
Anyone had this experience and waht was the ending??? Thanks, Lin
This would probably be better posted in the breeder section.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!