View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
Bruce's_Mom
YT 500 Club Member

I say celebrate whatever you believe in, and do not become angry with people that do not share, wish to share, or understand your beliefs. Along with that people engaged in private enterprise have every right to decide how they want their business to be run, and how they will acknowledge the holidays. As for places like public schools and what not I do think "holiday tree" is more appropriate than christmas tree, because public schools are places for everyone regardless of religion. At my school recently a number of jewish students became offended by our holiday display. Our school had errected a 50+ foot beautiful christmas tree, and then set a tiny little plastic menora literally in its shadow. Now I go to a Catholic University's law school, so I feel the christmas tree is to be expected, and after recieving numerous complaints about the arrangement of the display the menorah was removed...However, if I were at a public university I do not think either would be appropriate.

Sorry for the tangent, but in sum I think this country was more built on the spirit of tolerance, and so celebrate what you choose. I for one choose to celebrate Christmas, but do not thrust your celebration on others!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!