Thread: shock collar?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
seejaydeja
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default shock collar?

hello all,

me and my wife have a 1 year old female yorkie. she is the daughter of my parents two yorkies. she was the only surviving pup of her litter, so she grew up as an only child.

she has never been very good with children or other dogs. everytime we pass a little kid or another dog on a walk, my first reaction is to turn around and walk the other way because she always causes a scene, barking, growling and trying to attack the kid/dog.

whenever we take her with us to visit my parents and her mom and dad, she will randomly attack her mom, viciously, usually when her mom is trying to get attention from myself or her wife. she has done the same thing to my wife's parents daschund, attacking him to the point that she left a bleeding gash in his nose.

im posting here cause we don't know what to do to get her to act up. we don't know what the cause is behind her behavior, we think its mostly a combination of growing up being pampered as an only child and being jealous of other dogs/little kids that might steal our attention away.

our vet suggested that maybe we try getting a shock collar for her. has anyone here ever used shock collar training? im basically just looking to get some feedback on it, to see if its the right solution or if i should try something else first
seejaydeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!