Thread: Paw Pad Chewing
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
aqeuous18
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Paw Pad Chewing

So, I had surgery done a few weeks ago and was on bed rest for 2 weeks and unable to lift anything for the 3rd week. During this time Wookie had to spend more time in his crate than usual due to my fiance being the only one that could take him out.

He hadn't been groomed in a while, so when I was cleared to lift him I started his groom. I went to shave his paw pads and saw that his pads were very inflamed and puffy. He usually has a lot of hair to shave out and he had none. Also on 2 of his feet he has hair loss that goes up along his "ankle" area on the back. He doesn't have hair loss or dandruff anywhere else on his body. Not even the top of his feet.

I am guessing he picked this habit up from boredom or maybe anxiety? He does have a few other obsessive issues. He has a vet appointment tomorrow just to be sure. I bought Hydro cortisone spray and they look less inflamed. I have been catching him licking them, so I put an e-collar on him. He gets really depressed with it on, so can anyone recommend anything else I can do to get him to stop licking? He likes the taste of Bitter Apple or any other Bitter spray. Anyone else have the boredom issue and any tips on how to break the habit?

Have you hugged your groomer today?

aqeuous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!