View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Maxman
YT Addict

They took a stool sample,gave him a Cerenia injection,which,the vet tells me is supposed to shut off the "vomit"receptors in his brain so he doesn't vomit.He only vomited once though,thank god.They also gave him a "Famotidine"injection,which is basically "Pepcid AC"They told me to buy "Pepcid Ac"10mg tablets,and,give him one quarter of a tablet twice a day with the "Metronidazole"They also gave him special food that they say will help bind him.I told the vet that I was over a friends house this weekend with Max and my friend gave Max a "Busy Rollhide"made by Purina.I normally wouldn't give him something like that,but,I didn't want to be rude,so I figuered why not.As soon as I told the vet that though,she said,ohhhhh,that's it,that's why he's sick!Those things are no good!After doing some research on it,I found out that their TERRIBLE!!!Lot's of dogs have gotten sick over them,and I think there is even a class action lawsuit pending!From what I understand,Purina took the Busy Rollhides for large dogs off the shelves,but,still sell the ones for small to medium dogs!Not sure why?I'll keep you posted,so far he went once since we got back from the vet,and,no change.He looks and acts fine,he's full of energy,if it wasn't for the diarreah,I wouldn't even know he was sick!I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Maxman; 09-16-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Maxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!