View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

Some of my thoughts on the subject:

People who are not Christian don't celebrate Christmas. It just seems like they do since there is such an excessive entanglement of the government and Christianity and it's an extremely highly publicized event that stretches for over a month.
The fact that some institutions prefer to call it a "holiday" tree or whatever is really not that outrageous to people who don't believe there is a God, or who believe there are many Gods or who are of other faiths, religious organizations or prefer just plain ol' non denominational spirituality. They like to feel like these institutions who are putting up the trees are including all faiths in their celebrations.
I often call it "xmas" because I don't believe in Christ. I purposely take out the "christ" part. I feel that I have to refer to Dec 25th as something, so I call it xmas.
If we stop calling it "Christmas" it will become a season to celebrate all faiths and beliefs - and to me, that's not a bad thing.
When I say "holidays" I mean Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year. If I am speaking to a Jew or a Muslim, I am referring to Hannukah, Ramandan and New Year.

and for the record in case anyone was wondering, I have a tree up and I used to be Catholic. I went to Catholic schools my whole life.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!