View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally173 View Post
maybe he's developing a sensitive to chicken since the Fromm is a chicken formula.
yes it's the quacker instant one min oatmeal; boil it on low heat for 10 or 15 min to make it mushy and easier to digest. you can even give that alone just to see if he gets better before adding any protein. serve it with a little of water for extra moisture.
I'll try the Oatmeal in the morning, and think about non-chicken kibble products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
There are two schools of thought, I suppose you could call it. Some feed a bland meal or whatever to try and settle their stomach and give nutrients. Others withhold food. I usually fall into category 2 b/c if I feed my dog after she vomits, she vomits some more. That would lead to a greater likelihood of dehydration. Sometimes they just can't hold it down and their GI tract needs to rest. So if you want opinions, mine is withhold food until tomorrow (watching very closely for hypoglycemia and dehydration). His stomach is obv. saying it can't take anymore right now...
Thank you for your input. I hope I don't have to withhold food because he still has a great appetite. He was begging for each meal and yogurt treat today even though he continued to throw up. I reduced the amount of everything I usually give him.

What is your choice of remedies for hypoglycemia and (mild) dehydration -- nutrical, pedialyte, or something else? He is over 7 pounds and has never had an episode before. Of course, if he is really bad, I'll go straight to the vet.

Last edited by Maximo; 09-15-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!