View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
MillisMomma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thumbs up MVRC Emergency Hospital - St. Louis, MO Area

If you're in need of emergency services for your pet in the St. Louis area, I would highly recommend calling MVRC. They are one of only a few 24 hour emergency animal hospitals in the area.

In late March we adopted Skye. Three days after we brought her home she went from an active happy puppy to being sick and lethargic with vomiting and diarrhea. At first, we thought she just had an upset stomach from settling into a new home and changing food but by that Saturday (when our vet's office was closed!) we realized that she was really sick. We rushed her to MVRC where she was diagnosed with parvo. She had contracted the disease in the weeks prior to her adoption even though she'd had the early doses of the vaccine. We asked the doctors at MVRC to try to save her life. And that they did!

While we were in the ER, they gave us a printed estimate of the costs involved in Skye's intensive care. The estimate included a 'high range' and a 'low range' depending on how long she needed to be there and how seriously the disease might progress. They did this in case costs were an issue. We were surprised (and very happy!) to find that Skye was assigned her own nurse who spent time caring for her needs and checking vitals every 2 hours throughout the day and night. Yes - she had ROUND THE CLOCK care. That meant alot to us! Her nurse, Meredith, was especially sweet to little Skye! We were invited to come visit Skye anytime we liked. They told us to call for updates anytime as well. We would call morning, noon, and night for sure...at which time they always put either Skye's personal nurse or her doctor on the phone with us immediately. When it was time to come home, they sent us home with all the medicine and special foods that Skye would need for the coming month. Not only did they save Skye's life, but her costs were well within the 'low range' of their estimate!

A couple months later, Milli fell off the bed at 11:15 at night and hurt her leg. I was freaking out and the vet's office was closed. We rushed her to MVRC. Sweet Meredith greeted us at the door! We asked if she remembered us and she admitted that she didn't. We told her that we were Skye's parents. Her face lit up like an angel! She wanted to know all about Skye and how she was doing. Meredith admitted that she tends to be so focused on the animals that she often doesn't remember the humans quite that well. I see that as a wonderful quality!! I'd much rather have a nurse that is focused on my beloved pet than me! She took x-rays of Milli's hip and leg. Nothing was seriously damaged and they sent us home with some pain medication. Once again, we felt that they provided wonderful care and that the costs were reasonable.

Midwest Veterinary Referral Center
Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis suburbs)
1-636-536-4991

24 hour care * Medical and cancer treatment * Emergency services * Surgery * Opthamology

Accepts Care Credit plans!
MillisMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!