View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #55
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143julz View Post
I'm so sorry you are dealing this....it's so heartwrenching to see our older furkids show these signs.
My late Julz showed similiar signs in the last 2 months of her life with the face touching, cuddling, bedtime, with up/down/up down....
She also had kidney failure and I was very limited to what med's she could take.

I know her eyesight was bad when she stood across the pool from my husband and when he called her she walked right in the pool as if the earth just opened up....luckliy he was right there....I know you use a ramp, please be careful he doesn't walk off the side.

God bless you and good luck at the vet, hoepfully there is a medicine that will ease the symptoms.
OMGoodness! I bet she and your husband were both terrified! Thank you for sharing your story. Julz was obviously a much-loved little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
The tests should show anything that is off, including liver enzymes. I forgot to mention, ask your vet (if it is liver related or not) about using a liver protectant like Denamarin, or Denosyl and Marin. All work to help the liver clear toxins from the liver and repair liver cell damage.

My heart breaks for you and anyone that has gone through or is going through their pups' aging. It is so difficult to interpret their needs at times, things can change so fast from one minute to the next. When you put the cushions on the floor to lay near your little one in an effort to comfort him and to ease his confusion, I cried... and haven't stopped everytime I think about it. Selfish owners would never think to give up their own comfort to try to eliminate the discomfort of a pet.
Thank you for all the advice you've given! I'm adding Denamarin/liver protectant to my list right now. I hope they've scheduled a nice loooooong appointment time for Alexander - his momma has a loooooong list.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!