View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
mapleleafgirl
Yorkie Talker

Default Carter has a wierd rash/bumps that are dry around his penis...

So i had Carter to the vet last week for check up on his knees and hips (other problems I'm sure i will post for help later!) and outside that he seemed fine. So over the weekend he has been scratching at his back sides...you know that thumper sound that wakes you up in the night. I looked the first day and didnt really see anything. Now 2 days later I find this weird rash around his penis...but its dried and kinda lumpy, not oozing or anything but already dried and a dark brown colour. His sides are scratched up, rashes and losing hair. I'm not sure if he was trying to scratch his privates and just ended up scratching his sides...or if it's the same thing...or something else. Poor guy. He definetly has always had dry skin, he had ringworm when i got him (not that i knew that and the "breeder" said it wasn't.) and generally has sensitive skin i would say. He is only 4 years old. He is having eye surgery tomorrow and has to be put under so i don't want to add to the stress of taking him to the regular vet today on top of it all. Anyone have any ideas? I did give him a 1/6 of a benadryl to help with the itching...but don't really want to do anything else as he is having surgery tomorrow. I am attaching a couple photos...though they are kinda hard to see.

Thanks everyone!
Diane, Carter & Gracie

Last edited by mapleleafgirl; 09-14-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: font is awful :)
mapleleafgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!