View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #29
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
So sorry to hear about Alexander not doing well. I wonder if maybe a low protein diet might help. If he's having liver problems Lactulose may help lighten the load on his liver. (His symptoms sound like possible liver involvement)

Keeping you and Alex in my prayers...
I will definitely mention his diet to the doctor. I've requested full bloodwork, thyroid panel, etc. Will those tests indicate any liver problems?

Thank you for the prayers. My little man & I need them right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
My maltese went through this for his last two years of life. He was also deaf and blind; so that didn't help any. Poor thing; he would pace and pace and pace aimlessly. He would get stuck in corners. He no longer liked to be outside and would just stand there not knowing what to do. Probably he could not see or hear us and got scared. It was not good; I'm not going to lie. We tried the Anipryl but it did nothing. He lost all his housetraining and slept all the time. I don't think he even knew we were home unless we touched him.

I hope you have better days ahead.
I'm so sorry about your sweet little maltese. He too sounds a lot like Alexander with similar problems. Thank you for your kind words.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!