View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
staceyxxrenee
Yorkie Yakker

Cry RIP to my Trixie Lou <3

We lost our Trixie yesterday (September 12) ..she would have been 10 months old on Sept 17th. She was diagnosed with liver shunt a few months ago. We attempted her surgery in the beginning of August, and she was given too much anesthesia and almost died. She finally had her surgery on Sept 2nd, and it was very successful. The vet said that the thing (can't remember the name of it) that they put to close the shunt, was supposed to close within 12 weeks. If it closed sooner, it would kill her. Her proteins began to get very low this past weekend, and her belly swelled up..and she was in the worst condition I've ever seen. We took her back to the vet's, and he examined her..she was fine. But for some reason on sunday morning, she couldn't seem to move, my aunt couldn't even pick her up without Trixie crying from the pain. Around the time they pulled in and the vet came out, she was gone. The vet did a blood test, and tested the fluid in her abdomen, and he said that it just hit her at once, and there was nothing we (or he) could do to prevent it. My dad is heartbroken, and so am I. He absolutely loved her with all of his heart (and he usually hates dogs).

It's hard not having my little girl around, even though it's only been a few days. Does anyone have any tips on ways to make it easier for me & my family? We had her cremated, but we haven't found a urn to put her in yet, does anyone know where I can get a cute one for her that could be engraved? Please pray for me & my family. We really need it right now. We'll always be missing our Trixie Lou. She was mommy's girl!
staceyxxrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!