View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #24
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Ah, poor dear Alexander. It's got to be so frightening for him.

I have a bed rail for Lady so she won't walk off the bed. Maybe this would be easier than the leash?

Extra Long, Extra Tall Hide Away Bedrail - Babies R Us - Babies "R" Us

I wish I had thought of this when my 17 yr old IG started getting dementia. She fell out of the bed a couple times. I was so lucky she didn't break a leg. I did start rolling up a blanket and putting it on the side of the bed, but I am going to get one of these bedrails. I still have four seniors, three of which sleep with me.

Poppi would stare at the wall, get and just pee where she was, and one time got lost in the yard at night. After that, I never let her out alone and never let her get very far from me. She was also in renal failure and that was really what progressed to the point where her quality of life was so bad.

I have to say, it is tough seeing them get old. One of my seniors has mitral valve prolapse and is getting a diuretic three times a day and one of those doses is right before bed. She has peed in the bed a couple times now. I have a waterproof mattress cover, so it doesn't bother me too much. I just can't switch her to a crate or the floor. She has slept with me for 14 years. What would she think if I suddenly made her sleep in a crate or something? I figure I'll just do more laundry.

I'd like to know what your vet says, and if he is willing to medicate with anipryl.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!