View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladym View Post
I have been trying to adopt a sister for Mr Perkins. I found a senior little girl on Petfinder. She stole my heart. I put in my application and was so excited at the thought of giving her a new and loving home. Then I got this email...

Cammie does have health concerns, we don't know the extent of them. It is thought she has a collapsed trachea. On a normal day, with normal activity she is fine. If she runs around or becomes overly excited, she has a very tough time breathing. She would not do well in an active home or as a "playmate" for another dog. She is currently taking theophylline. The link shown will offer info about the meds she is taking Theophylline is for treating congestive heart failure, asthmatic bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in dogs, cats and other animals. Read more about usage and dosage in our Medications Guide at PetCareRx.

She has not been spayed yet, and honestly we're worried about putting her under anesthesia and the use a trach tube. She is in need of a dental too. The little girl is just so happy and sweet. It's hard to know what she needs exactly. Especially with us having well over 100 other dogs in our care.

We are not aware of any food allergies. Her coat is not "full." Whether that is from food allergies, or other sources isn't known. She is not itchy, or symptomatic of allergies.
The Vet recommended having her thyroid checked as this could be a cause to her coat.

Truth be told, I don't know if the colder weather would be better for her or not.

If you would like to speak to our vet, or if you would like me to fax over her health records to your Vet for their opinion, I would be happy to do so.

Please, share your thoughts...

I am so afraid to get her here and then lose her. I wrote back asking them to look into a Yorkie Rescue so that she will be able to get the medical attention she deserves. Was I right or should I take a chance and continue to try to adopt her????
Sounds like it is a rescue group or shelter that put the ad in petfinder.

One thing, if you do get any senior dog, you will have to face losing them sooner than later. I used to do dachsie rescue and always took the seniors. I knew they probably wouldn't have long, but it was making their last few years better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!