View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

There's a lot of things. For one, your dog has to like it, or else it's worthless if it's not being eaten. Two, I like for a food to be manufactured at the manufacturer's own plant, where they own the facility and actually make their own food there. Champion Pet Foods, who are the makers of Orijen and Acana, are made at their own facilities with their own quality control. Natura Pet Foods (Innova, EVO, etc) was/is? I don't know. They were recently bought out by Proctor & Gamble so I'm sure they're not anymore and I wouldn't feed any of their foods anymore. Fromm also has their own plant, as well as Nature's Variety (but I could be wrong on this one) and Petcurean Pet Foods (Go!/Now!). The only kibbles I'd probably feed currently are Acana, Orijen or Go! Endurance but that is because they do well with my dog, I like the companies, I like the ingredients, and I trust them. Oh, and I would feed NV Instinct again, Jackson did really really well on that food.

Some good websites:
Natural Pet Health - The Pet Health and Nutrition Center - your natural pet health store: Litchfield Connecticut New England
Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble
Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

Last edited by Britster; 09-12-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!