View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
felicity1008
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartpuppiepets View Post
Hehe... your description made me picture the scene ! But you did good

To the OP: temperature drops are very likelly to happen, but it is also common to have no temperature drops or fluctuation days before the delivery , a sudden drop definitely signals an upcoming delivery withing the next 24 hours, but even that have had it's exceptions.
There are many signs you need to look for combined: nesting, tired, lack of appetite , temperature, movement of the puppies, milk drop and others.
We usually pay attention to the combination and , of course, the mating date can not be forgotten. Anything can happen after day 56 ...
But you may not see all the signs together. I had a female who ate until 20 mins before she started pushing hard ... others who had the temp drop 24 hours before labor , did not eat for 30 hours .... some will do this by their own rules, and you just need to go along.
Mild Contractions usually start a few days before actual delivery !
Good Luck !
XOXO
she is def tired. and the temp is still 98.8. the last time she was 98 when she whelped. She just ate about an hour ago, so no sign of lack of appetite. I was just She has been lumping up for several days now. What do you mean about the movement of puppies..moving less or more?? I certainly feel them more now then ever.
felicity1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!