View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares4Dogs View Post
Mine had contractions before actual labor. Her temp fluctuated too...drove me nuts. I read and reread but it almost seems to all go out the window during the whelp hahaha. As long as you remember what to dos and not freeze up you'll be okay. My girl had a difficult whelp and I was in a panic, but didnt lose focus. I had to help her and everything turned out okay. I made a bigger mess than my girl did hehe. I kept throwing gloves, paper towels and piddle pads behind me and had a mountain of mess to clean up. I had slime all over me. All of that mess and only 2 pups hahahaha.
Hehe... your description made me picture the scene ! But you did good

To the OP: temperature drops are very likelly to happen, but it is also common to have no temperature drops or fluctuation days before the delivery , a sudden drop definitely signals an upcoming delivery withing the next 24 hours, but even that have had it's exceptions.
There are many signs you need to look for combined: nesting, tired, lack of appetite , temperature, movement of the puppies, milk drop and others.
We usually pay attention to the combination and , of course, the mating date can not be forgotten. Anything can happen after day 56 ...
But you may not see all the signs together. I had a female who ate until 20 mins before she started pushing hard ... others who had the temp drop 24 hours before labor , did not eat for 30 hours .... some will do this by their own rules, and you just need to go along.
Mild Contractions usually start a few days before actual delivery !
Good Luck !
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!